What is Fotolanthropy?
Fotolanthropy is a non-profit organization that documents inspiring true stories of people who have overcome adversity.
What kind of stories do you document?
We document inspiring true stories! Many inspiring true stories come from people who may be at a crossroad in their life, facing adversity or in a difficult season in life, yet they are inspiring others in the way they are courageously persevering through that trial.
What do you give to Fotolanthropy recipients?
The recipient will receive the following:
- A photography portrait session by a Fotocrew member
- A designed flush mount album of their images
- A flash drive with their images, along with their slideshow or short film
- A platform + tools to share their story
- The potential to have their story made into a Fotolanthropy short film
What is the difference between a Fotolanthropy film and a Fotolanthropy story?
A Fotolanthropy film is a short documentary style film of the recipient’s story. These films are typically 4-10 minutes in length and about 5 films are produced each year. A Fotolanthropy story consists of photography only.
Why do you only do 5 films per year?
Due to the time and financial commitment in creating a Fotolanthropy short film, our budget only allows for 5 to be created each year. To financially help Fotolanthropy be able to produce more films, please consider donating or becoming a corporate sponsor so that we can produce even more inspiring Fotolanthropy films.
Where are the Fotolanthropy headquarters?
Fotolanthropy is based in Dallas, Texas.
Do you only tell stories in Dallas, Texas?
Fotolanthropy is based in Dallas, Texas. However, we have expanded nationwide by bringing on a growing team of professional photographers and filmmakers across the country that have applied and have become official Fotocrew members. Our Fotocrew members capture and tell Fotolanthropy stories from their locations throughout the year. We will do our best to provide a Fotocrew member wherever a story needs to be told!
How can I nominate a story to receive Fotolanthropy?
You can fill out the nomination form here and we will contact you to let you know if it is selected to become a Fotolanthropy Story.
We consider a number of factors when evaluating a Fotolanthropy nomination, such as:
- The alignment of the story with our mission
- The specific circumstances around the story
- The desire of the recipient
- Scheduling considerations
- If a Fotocrew member is located near the story to capture it
I am a professional photographer or filmmaker, can I become a part of Fotolanthropy?
Yes! Thanks for your interest! You can apply to become an official Fotocrew member on our website by filling out the “Join the Crew” application.
What is a Fotocrew member?
A Fotocrew member is a coveted and exclusive title as it describes a compassionate photographer or filmmaker that has been selected to work on Fotolanthropy projects. Fotocrew members are professional artists who have giving hearts. They receive a badge for their website to promote this title they have received. They have the exclusive right to capture Fotolanthropy stories to be featured on the Fotolanthropy website.
How can I get involved or support Fotolanthropy if I am not a photographer or filmmaker?
- Donate to our mission. By making a donation you directly help continue the mission of Fotolanthropy so that we can give to others.
- Purchase a Fotostrap. Fotostrap: The Camera Strap That Gives Back to Fotolanthropy. With every purchase, they donate 10% of proceeds to our movement.
- Nominate a story!
- Share our stories on Facebook and twitter!
Are you a non-profit?
Yes, Fotolanthropy is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit organization.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes, your donation is tax deductible. Tax Identification Number: 46-1376576.
What is the Fotostrap?
The Fotostrap is the camera strap that gives back to Fotolanthropy. With every purchase they donate 10% of the proceeds to Fotolanthropy. Help support Fotolanthropy and shop at www.fotostrap.com.