What is Fotolanthropy?
Fotolanthropy is a non-profit organization made up of photographers and filmmakers that documents inspiring true stories of people who have overcome adversity.
What is a Fotocrew member?
Fotocrew members are professional artists who have giving hearts and want to use their camera for good. All Fotocrew members go through an application process before they capture stories for Fotolanthropy. Fotocrew members are either called upon by Fotolanthropy to capture stories or are able to nominate their own stories to capture for Fotolanthropy.
How do I apply?
The application process is easy. First, make sure you meet the requirements and then apply by clicking “Join the Crew.” Our Team will review your information application and you will be notified by email of our decision and/or acceptance within 14 business days from receipt of a completed Fotocrew Application. If accepted, you will become an official Fotocrew member and will be given a copy of our Fotocrew Guide, which details the Fotolanthropy process and Fotocrew member responsibilities.
What is expected of me as a photographer Fotocrew member?
- Conduct a fun and memorable portrait session for a chosen Fotolanthropy recipient
- Edit and submit 30-40 images from your portrait session within 30 days
- Share the inspiration!
What is expected of me as a filmmaker Fotocrew member?
- Conduct a fun and memorable film shoot for a chosen Fotolanthropy recipient (film shoots can range anywhere from 1-3 days, depending on the story and recipients)
- Create a draft short documentary film 4-10 minutes in length of a selected Fotolanthropy story within 60 days of your film shoot.
- Participate in a collaborative feedback discussion with Fotolanthropy
- Finalize and upload your short film
How do I get assigned a Fotolanthropy story?
Anyone is able to nominate stories for Fotolanthropy on our website. Our team carefully reviews and researches each story, and if a story is selected for Fotolanthropy we will reach out to Fotocrew members in that area.
Can Fotocrew members nominate a story?
Definitely! We want our Fotocrew members to be passionate about the stories they work with. If there is an inspiring story near you that you would like to capture, please nominate the story on our website. We will review the story and let you know if it is approved to become an official Fotolanthropy Story.
Can I sell prints to the recipient?
Yes, if your recipient would like to purchase prints directly from you, you are welcome to sell them.
Why is there annual donation?
There is a $35 suggested annual donation. This donation directly helps fund the general administrative and marketing costs of building and running (i) an international-wide network of Fotocrew members and (ii) screening, selecting and matching selected Recipients with Fotocrew members (iii) help to fund the deliverables to the Recipient.
Are there any perks?
Besides the rewarding feeling you will receive after using your camera for good, here are a few awesome perks for Fotocrew Members!
- Show your clients and your community you are an artist who gives back
- Receive a Fotolanthropy Fotocrew badge that may be posted on your website, blog and marketing materials
- Invitation to the secret Facebook Fotocrew Page to connect with other Fotocrew members across the country
- Receive exclusive discounts on Fotostrap, the camera strap that gives back to Fotolanthropy! With every purchase, 10% of proceeds are donated to Fotolanthropy.